Mar 19, 2006

Patrolling Back Bay


Like New York, the mounted police patrols the upscale neighborhood of Back Bay and the Common. This Boston ranger group was established in 1982. Their main duty is security, but they also participate in parades and official funerals.

Comme à New York, la police montée patrouille le quartier chic de Back Bay ainsi que le Common. Ce groupe de rangers a été créé en 1982. Leur fonction principale est d’assurer la sécurité, mais ils participent aussi aux parades et aux funérailles officielles.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

super d'etre flic a cheval!
je pense a cheval,pas d'etre flic

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you anymous. It's quite a neat way to go around the city that way, doing its job at the same time. I like the idea to see "un flic" on a horse: he looks a bit more friendly, don't you think?
Thanks a bundle Alex for this picture. I trully love horses and it's stunning to see them right in the center of a city.
D~

Michael Salone said...

Excellent shot Alex. I hope you were watching where you were walking while taking this photo!

Nicola said...

I bet that cop really enjoyed his job - being able to be outside on a horseback on such a beautiful day...

Eric said...

It's actually interesting to note that Police on horses still exists in many countries nowadays. We have them in Paris sometimes riding in the middle of town.

Sam said...

This is a great photo. Love the big brown horse - he looks so placid!

Alex said...

Michael> Thanks for your warm thoughts. Luckily this horse was moving at a regular gait ;-)

Nicola> as a matter of fact, he didn't look that happy! Maybe because I was in his way...

Eric> Really? I thought it was only for movies shots! Well, I'll pay more attention next time I come...

Sam> Yes indeed, very placid. I'd have loved to ask the policeman to get a ride too ;-)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »