Feb 12, 2006

Italianate Winter


This elegant historical mansion is located in Winchester, 6 miles away from Boston. Believe it or not, this 1880 house was moved circa 1915 from a few hundred yards away to its present location. The owner restored it beautifully, preserving its original italianate style.

Cette élégante maison historique est située à Winchester, à environ 10 kilomètres de Boston. Il est difficile d'imaginer que cette construction de 1880 a été déplacée aux alentours de 1915 de quelques centaines de mètres jusqu'à son emplacement actuel. Son propriétaire l’a restaurée superbement dans son style original appelé "italianate".

8 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful shot!! I love the color of this house...so beautiful against the white snow!

Welcome too! Looking forward to all your photos!!

By the way i added you to my links :)

Mathieu said...

Nice shot

Denton said...

Beautiful photo and not a track in the snow. Note that I have added your blog to my links.

Anonymous said...

belle photo
tres belle lumiere
pesque du dessin animé

Andreea said...

that is beautiful! amazing. nice white winter. i'll add you to my links as well :)

Michael Salone said...

Ok, ok, so this is next year's Christmas card! How more perfect could it be?

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. I have looked and admired this photo at least three times. Then all of a sudden it hit me: I lived in this house! I don't know what it says about the state of my mind; I would rather believe that the photo is so good and the snow so magical that it transformed the place for even those who lived there...
Or maybe it was because I always enter the house through the back...
Still, it is a beautiful house, even without the snow.

Jose

Anonymous said...

What a great site homes Extreme gas golf carts Lesbian shower bextra 10 mg Reviews for digital cameras free ringtones sony camcorder suzuki gsxr 750 Verizon cordless phone with wireless internet