Aug 14, 2007

Getting all revved up!


We found ourselves back to the Larz Anderson Museum for a new event. That time, the “Tutto Italiano Car Day” was held there. More than 40 of the most luxurious cars in the world all in that place! One of the treats for any nice car lover is listening to the sound of its motor being revved up. Well! At exactly 12:00 every single Ferrari or Lamborghini car owner started it up and you could hear all the engines roaring. The sound effect was truly intense!

Nous sommes retournés au Larz Anderson Museum pour une nouvelle exposition. Cette fois, la « Tutto Italiano Car Day » s’y tenait. Plus de 40 voitures parmi les plus luxueuses du monde étaient réunies au même endroit ! Un des grands plaisirs pour tout amoureux de belles voitures est d’écouter le son du moteur poussé à plein régime. Eh bien ! A midi précises, chaque propriétaire d’une Ferrari ou d’une Lamborghini a démarré son automobile et tous les moteurs se sont mis à rugir. L’effet sonore était vraiment intense !

11 comments:

Olivier said...

cela devait donner un superbe concert de moteurs. Les ferraris et les Lamborghinis, un vrai reve. A une epoque j'avais une citroen SM avec un moteur de Lamborghini, un pur plaisir pour les oreilles et la conduite. Deux voitures qui me font rever...

that was to give a superb concert of engines. Ferraris and Lamborghinis, a true dream. At one time I had a citroen SM with an engine of Lamborghini, a pure pleasure for the ears and control. Two cars which make me dream…

Anonymous said...

Olivier, I thought the Citroen SM had a Maserati engine? Did they make one with a Lamborghini?

Igor

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Cela fait plaisir de vous lire à nouveau.

Je n'ai pas de voiture, mais j'imagine le bruit que cela devait faire. Si j'avais une voiture ce serait un 4X4.
Je vais à Boston en Septembre quel temps fait-il?


§§§§§§§§§§§§§
It pleases to read to you again.

I have no car, but I imagine the noise which it had to make. If I had a car, I would like one 4X4.
I go to Boston in September what's the weather like?

Alex said...

Bonjour Monique,

Aujourd'hui le temps est ideal!
Septembre est une saison magnifique ici. C'est l'été indien.

Bergson said...

I want to make a turn well; on road 66 for example for step outward journey too quickly

Kate said...

Wow! I would be in seventh heaven if I were there. The cars look beautiful and hearing the motors ...!!!

MedaM said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. Your blog is beautiful. My sons are mad for cars so they would be delighted with this photo; they would too enjoy listening to the sound of their motors. I am not of that kind. :-)

GMG said...

Ferrari and Lamborghini, not bad, even for someone who is not that fond of moto sports...
Nice photo!

Michael Salone said...

Well, I haven't been here in a while Alex, but when I saw this photo I had to comment. No influence by any family members to take this photo I suppose?! Great shot just the same! ;-)

Cergie said...

A midi précise comme chaque premier mercredi du mois toutes les sirènes des mairies de France !

Le rouge Ferrari est si photogénique, et connu, comme le bleu Klein (dont il m'est arrivé de parler car il a exposé cette année à Beaubourg)

Anonymous said...

comment t'as pu photographier mon jardin?